Making Cognitive Connections
Technology training to help those
with cognitive challenges
Recognize these problems?
You frequently find yourself:
- Being late or missing appointments
- Losing notes, phone numbers, or lists
- Forgetting to do tasks or take medications
Here's our solution!
Your smart device + the right apps + our resources:
- Free online step-by-by app training
- Organize Your Life … books
- Articles about apps and organization strategies (free!)
Find out how your iOS or Android device can help you stay organized, remember important items, and make home, work, and school life go smoothly.
Take advantage of our free app training, as well as trainings related to smart device basics, special app features, and much more.
Read about helpful apps, learning and memory strategies, notetaking best practices, and similar topics, and make some new cognitive connections.
Sign up for our monthly e-mail newsletter, letting you know what's new on the site as well as links to cool and relevant material all over the Web.
The Making Cognitive Connections approach
What is the MCC approach?
Does this sound familiar?
“I bought a smartphone…
…I downloaded some apps…
…but it's not helping!”
It's just not enough to buy the device and grab some apps. You need to:
- Pick the right apps
- Learn to use their most important functions step by step
- See how each app function relates to keeping your life organized
- Make some “cognitive connections” between your app use and the other parts of your life
The MCC approach teaches the basic steps necessary to use a smart device. At the same time, it points out the cognitive skills needed to do each step. Focusing on the cognitive skills required to use the device—and then having users apply those same skills to their everyday lives—makes this approach practical, concrete, relevant, and transferable.
Who does the MCC approach help?
Those with cognitive challenges
- Get more organized
- Feel more independent
- Stop feeling overwhelmed
The professionals who help them
- Use our training materials to train clients
- Assign clients our materials to review between sessions
- Cognitive remediation techniques are built in
The family members who love them
- See your loved one become more autonomous
- Reduce the need for constant reminders
- Free up some of your own time
Sign up for our monthly newsletter…
…and—as our thank-you—download the first three chapters from our upcoming iOS 8 book!
More to explore
Track and manage your fatigue. Quickly identify tasks and plan your day in a way that lets you accomplish important tasks without leaving you exhausted.
See how specific apps from many categories are described and rated by both individuals with cognitive challenges and the professionals who work with them.