Benefits for Caregivers and Family Members
- Teaches caregivers and family members about cognitive skills and how a memory/cognitive prosthetic device can help
- Frees up caregivers' time by providing the following benefits for individuals with cognitive challenges:
- Promotes more autonomy
- Improves follow-through on appointments and tasks
- Allows for individual to work through training materials independently
- Increases user's self-esteem
My husband has a brain injury and he has both short-term and long-term memory problems. The Pharos device [a PDA] has helped him immensely with reminders of appointments. I also have the Pharos device and it has become very helpful in my keeping appointment schedules.
Real-Life Scenarios Experienced by Caregivers and Family Members
- Do you have a client or loved one who could benefit from using a smart device to help him/her with memory and organization related to work issues, home tasks, or school assignments?
- Do you have a child who currently has a smart device, but only uses it for its music and phone/texting capabilities?
- Would you like to help your client or loved one learn to schedule appointments and tasks (such as doctor appointments or homework assignments) on a smartphone so he or she is reminded about upcoming obligations?
What if your loved one could become more independent by scheduling tasks and appointments and receiving reminders without your intervention? Imagine having your children enter their homework assignments into their iOS devices and then having the devices remind them to complete their homework, potentially eliminating the "nag" factor!