The Making Cognitive Connections AppReviews Web Site
AppReviews Site to Find Helpful Smart Device Apps
ID 4 the Web is proud to announce its new Making Cognitive Connections AppReviews site. The site establishes a centralized location for individuals with brain injuries and other cognitive challenges—and professionals who work with them—to read and post reviews of apps they find particularly useful for work, home, and school.
The AppReviews Web site can be accessed via any of the following domain names:
What Makes the Making Cognitive Connections® AppReviews Site Different?
The AppReviews site will allow users to list, rate, and review apps for iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad) as well as Android and Windows Phone. According to Michelle Ranae Wild (ID 4 the Web partner), "There are literally hundreds of thousands of apps available; how do you filter through them to find the most appropriate apps to help individuals with cognitive challenges? In addition, how do you share that information with others? My hope is that our app review site will fill a growing need within the cognitive rehabilitation community."
The AppReviews site includes the following features:
- Moderated Listings: assures apps are appropriate and legitimate.
- Moderated Reviews: assures reviews are appropriate and relevant.
- Specific App Categories: apps assigned to specific categories such as Calendar/Time Management, Education/Study Skills, Notes/Notetaking, Speech/Language, and more.
- Unique Review Fields: review fields specifically designed to gather information unique to the target audience, for example:
- What cognitive skills do you think this app helps with?
- What population(s) will this app help?
- How specifically did the app help you/user?
- How do you use this app in your everyday life?
- Five Star Ratings: rate each app based on its:
- Ease of Use
- Clarity of Instructions
- Usefulness in Daily Life